It’s that time of the week again folks where we can discuss all of the wonderful things happening in our lives right now.
Please share your wonderful “things” in the comments and I’ll mention them in next weeks post.
1. England are through to the knockout stages of the World Cup – I never thought we’d get there but by some freak miracle we managed to do it. Huge congratulations to the USA for topping the group, didn’t realise you guys were so good at football.
2. I got up at 5 am this morning. Trust me, this is a good thing although it didn’t seem like it at the time. There was a fly buzzing around my head and annoying the hell out of me – I got so frustrated that I just got up instead of trying to get back to sleep.
I got to see all the wildlife in my garden, including hedgehogs and rabbits, and I managed to see my dad when he got in from work at 6 a.m. which I never do. I won’t be making my 5 am wake ups a regular thing, but maybe once in a while because it gave me the kickstart that I’ve needed.
3. I decided that I would not involve myself in any flat related issues today. I can’t do anything about the problems I’m facing because I’ve held up my side of the deal. It’s down to Jonny to sort it out, and I will pester him about it until I turn blue in the face… but not today.
Today has been a flat free day, and it’s definitely helped me to rationalize things a bit more. They can’t take the flat away from us, this much is certain. They’re just holding it from us, which isn’t the end of the world. See, I’m getting good aren’t I?
4. My friend called me today because she needed someone to listen, and help her sort things out. She’s having major trouble at work and it really frustrates me. She’s a nurse and she’s completely dedicated to her patients, so to have somebody bullying her is just wrong and completely unjustified.
But this is Wonderful Wednesday so I spent today giving her advice, listening to her, and organizing a proper catch up at her house next week. I think she felt better afterwards, so that’s positive I guess.
5. I’m reading one of those books that you can’t wait to read. I only tend to read when I get into bed at night, and it’s got to the point where I go to bed early just so I can read my book! It’s called Child 44 (see the sidebar) and I’ll post a proper review when I’ve finished reading it, but so far I would highly recommend it. Brilliant storytelling, and very tense. Go go go!
Last week I only got one comment on my WW post, but I said I’d share your wonderful things so let’s all give a big HOORAH to Susie Q who finally got rid of her flatmates from hell – maybe I should take a leaf out of her book?